Senior Member of Technical Staff
Education and Work Experience
Nishanth Chandran obtained his PhD in 2011 from the Department of Computer Science at UCLA under the supervision of Prof. Rafail Ostrovsky and Prof. Amit Sahai. He obtained his Masters in Computer Science from UCLA in 2007 and a Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University, Chennai, India in 2005.
Prior to joining AT&T, Nishanth was a post-doctoral researcher in the Cryptography Group at Microsoft Research, Redmond.
- Chorafas International Award for exceptional achievements in Engineering Research (October 2010)
- Dissertation Year Fellowship from UCLA
- DAmerican Society of Indian Engineers (ASEI) Graduate Scholarship (September 2006)
Publications (in reverse chronological order)
- "Edge Faul Tolerance on Sparse Networks", Nishanth Chandran, Juan Garay, Rafail Ostrovsky, ICALP 2012
- "Functional Re-encryption and Collusion-resistant Obfuscation", Nishanth Chandran, Melissa Chase, Vinod Vaikuntanathan, TCC 2012
- "Position-based Quantum Cryptography: Impossibility and Constructions", Harry Buhrman, Nishanth Chandran, Serge Fehr, Ran Gelles, Vipul Goyal, Rafail Ostrovsky, Christian Schaffner, CRYPTO 2011 (also appears as an invited talk in QIP 2011)
- "Public-key Encryption with Efficient Amortized Updates", Nishanth Chandran, Rafail Ostrovsky, William E Skeith III, SCN 2010
- "Improved Fault Tolerance and Secure Computation on Sparse Networks", Nishanth Chandran, Juan Garay, Rafail Ostrovsky, ICALP 2010
- "Privacy Amplification with Asymptotically Optimal Entropy Loss", Nishanth Chandran, Bhavana Kanukurthi, Rafail Ostrovsky, Leonid Reyzin, STOC 2010
- "A Secure Cryptographic Token Interface", Christian Cachin, Nishanth Chandran, CSF 2009
- "Position-based Cryptography", Nishanth Chandran, Vipul Goyal, Ryan Moriarty, Rafail Ostrovsky, CRYPTO 2009
- "A public-key encryption scheme secure against key dependent chosen plaintext and adaptive ciphertext attacks", Jan Camenisch, Nishanth Chandran, Victor Shoup, EUROCRYPT 2009
- "Improved Algorithms for Optimal Embeddings", Nishanth Chandran, Ryan Moriarty, Rafail Ostrovsky, Omkant Pandey, Amit Sahai, Mohammad AliSafari, TALG 2008
- "New constructions for UC secure computation using tamper-proof hardware", Nishanth Chandran, Vipul Goyal, Amit Sahai, EUROCRYPT 2008
- "Coverty Multi-party Computation", Nishanth Chandran, Vipul Goyal, Rafail Ostrovsky, Amit Sahai, FOCS 2007
- "Ring Signatures of Sub-linear size without Random Oracles", Nishanth Chandran, Jens Groth, Amit Sahai, ICALP 2007
Nishanth has served on the program committee of : ICITS 2011
Nishanth is also a professional South Indian Classical (Carnatic) Violinist and has performed all over India and the USA.